June 5-12, 2022, the 2022 Special Olympics USA Games will unite more than 5,500 athletes and coaches from all 50 states and the Caribbean and 125,000 spectators during one of the country’s most cherished sporting events. We all have reasons to shine. For Special Olympics athletes, one of those reasons is the love of sport. Special Olympics athletes display remarkable abilities not only on the field, but in all areas of life. By celebrating their dedication and perseverance, we become champions for a more inclusive world. A world where we all Shine As One.
Sports: Competition support, officials, scorekeeping, timekeeping, ball persons, team and athlete support, sport venue and access support.
Operations: Emergency Management, IT, Credentials, Catering/Food Service, Waste Management, Sustainability, Volunteers, Accommodations, Logistics, Transportation, Security, Safety, Weather Plan, Family Program, Fan Services, Delegation Services, Baggage Handling and Bus Captains.
Marketing & Development: Media Operations, Social Media, Copywriting/Editing, Graphic Design, Content Development, Photography, Video Production, Asset Tagging & Uploading, Partner activation, Ambassador relations.
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years old by June 5, 2022.
- Minor volunteers 16-17 years old must have a parent or legal guardian complete their registration and hand-sign their waivers.
- Each volunteer must have their own email address and mobile phone number for registration. No sharing emails/phone #s.
- Some volunteer roles require a background check, motor vehicle check and/or a non-disclosure agreement.
- Individual volunteers must sign up for a minimum of three (3) shifts.
- Volunteers must follow all health, safety, venue operating guidelines and volunteer code of conduct at all times.
- Volunteers must complete required online training and orientation before receiving credentials, Game issued items and before volunteering.
- Volunteers working three (3) shifts or more will receive two Games T-shirts and a Games cap
- One complimentary meal will be served for each shift worked of five (5) hours or more