Interreg Central Baltic YOUTH SPORT VOL Project
"Better Access to Labour Market for Young Unemployed Through Cross-Border Sport Volunteers Model in Estonia and Finland"
Sport Year Foundation is the lead partner of the 2016-2017 Youth-Sport-Vol project and our Finnish project partner is Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences of Finland.
The project aims to increase the social inclusion of young unemployed and improve their access to the labour market through development and piloting of cross-border sport volunteers model in Estonia and Finland.
Through voluntary work, the young unemployed will get work experience in different organizations with people from different nationalities and age groups. This will give young unemployed important advantage while entering labour market. This is done with 209 995 euros from the European Regional Development Fund.
The project objective are reached through the following activities:
- Development of overall cross-border sports volunteering model for young unemployed and piloting it in different sport events in EST and FIN;
- Developing and piloting innovative ICT-based platform (phase 1 of the technical solution to the model) for uniting sport volunteers and promoting sport volunteering opportunities in FIN and EST;
- Organising awareness-raising seminars at vocational schools and universities in FIN and EST and a large-scale conference (forum) for promoting sport volunteering possibilities (as a labour-market advantage) among young unemployed;
- Planning and conducting cross-border promotion campaign for introducing the model and sport volunteering opportunities to young unemployed and the wider public;
- Setting up Sport Volunteers Permanent Secretariat in Sport Year Foundation for the sustainability of the model, the daily work and follow-on developments of the ICT-based platform developed during the project.
For more information, please contact project managers: